vwsport

VWsport.com
It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 12:36 pm 
Site Admin

WTB: 8.5:1 stock pistons.
by jerry
i'm out of pistons. that means either i leave her parked and save up for a set of forged pistollys or hopefully someone out there has a set laying around. if you do pleeeaase email me. i at least have to try. i went to the guy i normally get sme used parts from, but he's quiting vw's. he threw all the stuff away. (a moment of silence is required here) yes threw it all away. he didn't even call me.

thanks

Posted on Apr 8, 2000, 10:52 PM
from IP address 209.240.216.78

Pistons
by TurboTom
You can call New German Performance in Maryland. They are placing an order with Ross Racing Pistons. You can reach them at 410-994-0000. Tell them that Tom Ross sent you. They are good guys and honest. Oh i'm not related to Ross Racing Pistons.

Tom

Posted on Apr 9, 2000, 11:04 AM
from IP address 152.163.213.207

pistons
by seth
Pretty sure I have a set with rodsthat I would sell for basically postage and a few bucks

Posted on Apr 9, 2000, 7:36 PM
from IP address 24.218.244.54

Who is going to be at Englishtown tomorrow? (4/9)
by Anonymous
Weather looks bad...

Posted on Apr 8, 2000, 7:45 PM
from IP address 128.6.250.149

Crappy weather
by Dolemite
I'm not going........

Posted on Apr 8, 2000, 11:16 PM
from IP address 209.204.90.43

Saab 900 Intercooler
by skeet
has anyone ever used a saab 900 intercooler in a 1984 gti 8V? If so what was your results?

Posted on Apr 8, 2000, 6:43 PM
from IP address 32.102.65.141

correction to post above
by skeet
I found this intercooler in the back seat of a saab 900 turbo car. It very well may be a Volvo cooler their was one junked out right next to it. Any way it is wider and deeper than the 84 GTI radiator with the inlet and outlet the same size.it will take cutting the core support to fit it in the car in front of the radiator? ideas welcomed?

Posted on Apr 8, 2000, 7:04 PM
from IP address 32.102.65.141

vulva
by Chuck B (UFO)
I'ts a volvo 740 intercooler.

Posted on Apr 9, 2000, 1:21 AM
from IP address 216.17.7.198

Ok has anyone ever used a Vulva intercooler?
by Skeet
ever used one with any success?

Posted on Apr 9, 2000, 10:00 AM
from IP address 32.102.65.211

turbo wear ?'s
by deo read
hey how much up and down or side to side movement of the shaft is allowable? i thought it was none...also i heard that for $300 you could get it all rebuilt...but how much is a new one etc vs rebuild price?..how many of you guys run watercooled turbos?i know jerry runs it ..cuz i have that setup on my garage floor but the turbo shaft wiggles argh...oh well
later
\x/ Hillfolk!

Posted on Apr 8, 2000, 8:53 AM
from IP address 207.204.249.94

Up down side to side
by Dolemite
All that stuff is normal as oil pressure centers the shaft,What you wanna look out for is in and out play that will let the blades interfere with the housings.
Dolemite

Posted on Apr 8, 2000, 9:02 AM
from IP address 209.204.88.226

sweeet!!!
by deo read
cool looks like my turbos are in fine shape i was worried a little bit there,,,,mummn i do have one that is a little tight to spin ..maybe its from sitting for a couple of years?? do you think it will clear up if it was run?..i've been letting marvel mystery oil seep through the oil fittings mummn..thanks later \x/ HILLFOLK!!

Posted on Apr 8, 2000, 8:30 PM
from IP address 207.204.249.74

sweeet!!!
by deo read
cool looks like my turbos are in fine shape i was worried a little bit there,,,,mummn i do have one that is a little tight to spin ..maybe its from sitting for a couple of years?? do you think it will clear up if it was run?..i've been letting marvel mystery oil seep through the oil fittings mummn..thanks later \x/ HILLFOLK!!

Posted on Apr 8, 2000, 8:31 PM
from IP address 207.204.249.74

what is up with vw racing now that season is here? etc
by deo read
hey when is any one running at englishtown or lebanon valley soon?...i've been working on my creation but it won't be up and running till maybe if im lucky june..argh..oh well..
hey does any body know if a 8v cam gear will interchange with a 16v cam gear?..actually a 20v one hehe....( 20v and 16v have same tooth size etc)?????
thanks
Deo
\x/ HILLFOLK!

Posted on Apr 8, 2000, 8:37 AM
from IP address 207.204.249.94

home pages
by jerry
how about you guys post your url so we can identify the name to a car.

thanks

http://members.tripod.com/~vwturbo/gti.html

Posted on Apr 8, 2000, 2:58 AM
from IP address 209.240.200.180

Good idea
by Dolemite
Or even if you don't have a URL a breif description of your car/accomplishments would be cool.My car is the White one on the top of the "Hardcore VW" page http://users.snip.net/~str8g/ (It will be a black car this season)

Posted on Apr 8, 2000, 6:19 AM

My Car
by Kurt
My car is a '85 Golf 4-door, Viper GTS blue,lowered,BBS wheels,shaved marker light,delocked,shaved rear wiper, single wiper.
The motor is a 1.8 8V with a big valve head that's been ported and polished, Sachs power clutch, lighten and balance flywheel, Garrett liquid cooled T3, custom intercooler, TurboXS blow off valve and boost controller, SDS EM-3F, NOS cheater kit. The suspension includes Jamex sportsline kit, Neuspeed 25mm front,28mm Rear sway bar.Furture plans include RPI 11" race brake kit with Willwood 4-piston calipers. You can see pics after is finished(mid May) at SDS's project page.

Posted on Apr 8, 2000, 12:27 PM
from IP address 24.72.7.196

Rules Of The Hardcore VW Forum
by TurboTom
After Justin E-mailed this link to me i have been checking out what people are saying every chance i get. I just don't want it to get like other VW sites where people are bashing each other instead of helping each other go out and kick some ass. My feelings are VW started this whole import thing years ago i'm talking Bug era. Now Honda is getting all the credit. I'm not downing Hondas but we need more VWs out there racing.

Keep the info rolling
Tom

Posted on Apr 8, 2000, 12:34 AM
from IP address 152.163.213.58

Yea...but
by EB
Actually I think it is kinda cool being the minority...if there were as many VWs running around with Folger's cans over their rear mufflers, and riding on the bump stops with black steel wheels, I wouldn't drive one. My lightly modded 84 GTI is dead nuts even with a Honduh Civic VTEC, and the look on the rice boy's face was worth 10 times what I paid for the car (1000 bucks)

Posted on Apr 8, 2000, 1:06 AM
from IP address 199.165.233.136

What about a turbo from a turbo diesel jetta?
by steve langford
the turbo an a turbo diesel jetta can give you up to 15 psi, adding a wastegate controler valve, it is mounted on a vw 8v exhaust manifold that is a bolt on for 8v gas, it's in the right spot, it comes with an oil line that goes to the oil cooler base on the oil filter that is a bolt on for 8v and the return line goes to the oil pan wich is also a bolt-on to any 8v vw. the turbo is very affordable to buy used at a wrecking yard, so any input?

Posted on Apr 6, 2000, 9:58 PM
from IP address 209.60.79.68

I'd like to see one........
by Dolemite
I've yet to see one of these abominations run anything,Everyone talks about doing it though......Sounds like a detonation factory waiting to make some ashtray's to me,If anyone has one running We'd like to hear about it.I know it can't run up into the "Hardcore #'s" but that's ok,I'd still like to hear what it could do,But it's gonna take a 14.5 to be worth the hassle,Some of you are prolly wondering where I come up with this criteria,My 1st answer is that I pull it outta my ass,But when I think about it,It comes from nights and nights at the track,I have concluded this,
If it gets towed there,It better run Sub 12's
If it's gonna be talking any trash to other street cars it better be running sub 13.99 or quicker and over 100mph And that's about it,No reason to talk about anything slower than that.......Not on this page,Unless of course your an amature,Which is fine,we all start somewhere and I think it's best to develop your car along with your skills.DAMN am I off track,I'm goin to bed!!!!!!
Dolemite

Posted on Apr 7, 2000, 12:43 AM
from IP address 209.204.90.196

Right on
by Anonymous
I gotta agree. Especially if you are talking about a turbo car. All motor in the low 14's ain't half bad though. That will smoke a lot of hondas. Get smoked by a lot of them as well. To talk shit you better be posting 13's at least. Is it an arbitrary cut off? Sure it is. But then again most things are arbitrary.
If it shows up on a trailer or behind a truck it better be damm quick. The only exceptions I can think of are Nate's rabbit, 12.6 on an all motor 8v is damm impressive, and anyone with an ITC type car thats not street legal, but they want to run it at the strip just to see what it will do. Otherwise you better be running low, low 12's or quicker. Heck POS DRIVES his car to the track (or at least he used to) and the last time I saw him run he posted an 11.7. If he can drive it to the stip there is no reason why a mid 14 sec car should be on a trailer. I have seen it though.
I can respect anyone who maximizes their combination, ie. some guy who pulls 14.6 in a vr6 with a chip, or 14.7's in 2L 16v A1 (so long as it doesn't have crazy work like cams and P&P). Not everyone can, or wants to, build a quick car. Thats fine. Just stop fronting like your car is bad ass when a stock jeep grand cherokee will work it.

(The above is directed at no one in particular, just all the punks out there that think a filter and an exhaust makes their shit a race car, and that piecing one clapped out 5.0 makes them an awesome driver. Not saying I have the quickest thing out there, cause I don't. But I don't front like I do either. And thats the whole point)

Posted on Apr 7, 2000, 9:33 AM
from IP address 151.198.132.141

turbodiesel
by Kurt
The turbodiesel turbo and manifold will bolt up to a 8V don't it doesn't have enough air to make it pull passed 5300rpm's. It will not make 15pounds in the real world without alot of extra heating of the charge. There was a guy in my city that did it. It was QUICK but not fast. Full boost was around 2000rpm's. It pinged like a motherfucker and never put down the numbers. My turbo car is in the works, it uses a T3 with turbodiesel turbine housing and manifold which both have been ported,SDS EM-3F system, a big custom intercooler,and a 50hp shot of NOS.(If I'm man enough to ever use it) So far I can't say it's going to kick the shit out of everything out there but I do no this it is going to kick the shit out of a guy i work with.(2000 gti VR6) As for people talking shit, talk is for little bitchs that can't show numbers.

P.S. My car will be done mid May they i'll show numbers.

Posted on Apr 7, 2000, 11:47 AM

Turbo Help
by Mike
I know this is the place where the turbo experts dwell so I got a couple questions. Im droppin a 1.8 9:1 motor into my A1 Jetta coupe and I wanna force feed it. I found a guy locally that has a BAE? kit that he claims was built for an A1 GTI. He wants a grand for it. Runs 6psi with no intercooler. I guess I can add a cooler from another car easy enough.
Now that's about all I have in my budget for a turbo set up for this car. Am I better off going to 8v turbo.com, or building a custom kit outta the junk yard? Im not idiot with tools but I don't have the knowledge or time to spend months of R&D on some homemade kit. Can I even do this for $1,000? Any inputs are greatly appreciated. Cheers...

Posted on Apr 6, 2000, 7:06 PM
from IP address 205.188.201.56

My $1,000
by Dolemite
There are quite a number of ways to tackle this job with a G.
In my opinion the quickest and simplest way would be the following:

ATP Manifold $375
Make a down pipe from a U bend $18
Get a T3 turbo prefrebly a 60 Trim $300 unless you luck out at a junkyard,and even then you need to be cautious of what you get as far as flanges and housings go.
Intercooler.Try to get one off of a Turbo Probe or worst case scenario,Take 2 Saab intercoolers mounted side by side and make custom endtanks (so you have 20 some passages)or WORST case scenario one Saab intercooler,BUT you GOTTA modify it so the air goes through ONE time instead of 2!!!!!! they get TOO FUCKING HOT,If I see one more on a turbo VW I'm gonna freak,I made that mistake myself and it gets so hot you can't touch it,Hardly a trait of a good intercooler.$50-$100
As far as fueling goes I think I'd have to lean toward the G60 stuff,Unless you know the Ford EEC stuff,I know Jerry is having good luck with it,But most of us would be more comfortable with the G60 stuff,As it's what were used to.G60 harness and inj.$200-$300
U bends for intercooler,2@$15 $30
oil feed line and fittings from Summit $35
$100-$200 FOR Miscelanious welding assuming you don't have a "Hook up"
Worst case scenario,I ran your ass outta money coming in at $1,358 But most of us have connections or hook ups to save money here and there.
Good luck,
And don't let the cash deter you,You can always make more.You know the saying,........"Keep a man hungry and he'll work"............

Posted on Apr 7, 2000, 12:26 AM

We do think alike.
by Chuck B (UFO)
Anybody want to buy a probe turbo intercooler?
I have 3.Pretty damm big too.

Posted on Apr 7, 2000, 12:30 AM
from IP address 216.17.10.32

That Dolomite
by Mike
Thanks man I knew you would come through. Im not totally limited to a "G" but I would like to stay in that range. Once again thanks for the help.

Posted on Apr 7, 2000, 12:32 AM
from IP address 205.188.192.42

I'm here to help
by Chuck B (UFO)
but I do'nt know everythig.glad to help my brothers.
Chuck B(UFO)

Posted on Apr 7, 2000, 1:01 AM
from IP address 216.17.11.92

What do you want?
by Dolemite
What would you people like to see more of on the hardcore VW page?

Posted on Apr 6, 2000, 12:20 PM
from IP address 209.204.75.227

tech.
by Justin
This is by far on of the best VW site I've ever been to. This may sound cheesy but maybe some tech tips or something like that, even know some of this stuff is already been covered in discussion. It would probally help with alot of repeated questions. Just an idea.

Posted on Apr 6, 2000, 1:30 PM
from IP address 204.192.47.19

Fuel Management
by James
I would like to see more information on fuel management under high boost. I know everyone is quick to say GET THE FRICKIN' SDS. But come on, there has to be more solutions.

Personally I would like more info on ways to retain the stock Fuel management, CIS in my case, but still make some decent power.

Who is using extra injector setups, how are they setup, results, etc. I know the porsche 924 airflow meter has been suggested but no one has said why this is better, is the airflow plate bigger or what? I would assume that if it is running a CIS system it is the same size?

As always because I have little money, cheap realistic solutions would be the best but anything would be interesting to see.

James

Posted on Apr 6, 2000, 5:10 PM
from IP address 160.94.168.85

engine mgmt.
by Chuck B (UFO)
There was a guy not long ago from south africa that sent me in the right directoin.There is a engine management system that uses all of the bosh trigers and amplifier for the ECU.It's the only one I have found that is VW ignition compatible.
They have a entry system that starts out at $400.We are planing on ordering a bunch for resale.If you want one let me know,we could include you in the initial buy in.
Chuck B (UFO motorsports MN.)
for real no BS.

Posted on Apr 6, 2000, 11:47 PM

Africa
by James
$400 sounds like a reasonable price. But I need more info on the system. I am not really looking for a programmable system. THe SDS looks simple which I may actually be able to use/understand, but I don't think I want any lap top stuff.

If you give me more info, hopefully that I can understand, I would appreciate it. Post it here or send it to my email.

Thanks
James

Posted on Apr 6, 2000, 11:56 PM
from IP address 209.134.132.15

E-mail UFO
by Chuck B (UFO)
I'll help were just getting ready to order our first units.

Posted on Apr 6, 2000, 11:59 PM

Africa Management
by TurboTom
Check out your shipping prices because i was going to buy these beautiful fuel & ignition piggyback systems that could work with the air flow meter or eliminate it and they were only $167 U.S. dollars. Well 2 of them to ship to the US is $110 you have to wire the money which was $40 then when you pick them up from the air port you have to pay import taxes. So in the end look at a healthy price increase.

Posted on Apr 7, 2000, 12:17 PM
from IP address 205.188.193.42

One of you cheap Mutha Frrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrzzzzzzzz
by Dolemite
One of you guys should try this http://www.sdsefi.com/eic.html it's kinda like a microfueler from calloway,Only it works good.hahahaha Seriously,This unit looks very tunable and user friendly,Not to mention inexpensive

Posted on Apr 7, 2000, 12:49 AM

EIC
by Kurt
The SDS EIC works good. A guy I know uses a 4 inj. model on his turbocharged Ford Festiva. The car has a Mazda 323 turbo motor with a MR2 turbo and various other tweeks. I ran a 12.09 last year with a slipping clutch. It's crazy fast but it's not a volkswagen(his wifes car is a A3 4-door VR6 with many mods.) Ross and the guys at SDS are a great to deal with and they will always help you out.

Posted on Apr 7, 2000, 4:41 PM

CIS on Porsche 928
by ICE
The CIS system on the 928 is bigger, 100mm airplate. So it can deliver more fuel, to about 180 I've heard. If you wanna go past this the 944 can deliver up to 220.
The first VW CIS had 60mm airplate, and I think after 1988, they were 80mm.

Posted on Apr 7, 2000, 6:49 AM
from IP address 148.122.66.52

air plate sizes
by James
Ok, so the old school VWs 1.5,1.6,1.7 liters all had the 60mm, all the 1.8s have the 80mm which is what I have.

I know the 16v cars have larger air flow plates, but I am not sure what size (100mm or what?). I know my 2.0 16vs plate was noticeably larger than the 80mm one on my 8v. Is this essentially the same as the 944 plate or what? Is there a difference because of the fact that 16vs run cis-e or motronic? Perhaps there is a different bolt pattern to the fuel distributor, or what?

Also will the VW cis distributor work with the bigger porsche air plate or do I need the porsche distributor too?
Just trying to make some sense of all of this.

James

Posted on Apr 7, 2000, 10:54 AM
from IP address 160.94.168.83

CIS
by ICE
I think it was the Porsche 928 who's got the 100mm plate, and the 944 a bigger one.
You cab not put a larger Porsche airplate in the VW cis distributor, it won't fit because of the cone.
The bolt pattern on the CIS etc. are the same, that means It dooesn't matter where they are.
CIS=continous injection system, that means that all injectors spray the same fuel amount at the same time.

Posted on Apr 8, 2000, 7:33 PM
from IP address 148.122.66.52

?
by paul
944 never had CIS
924 turbo did
924 turbo carrera gts used the 928 CIS unit with 2 injectors per cylinder.

Posted on Apr 9, 2000, 9:42 PM
from IP address 161.184.104.215

cis
by James
>The bolt pattern on the CIS etc. are the same, >that means It dooesn't matter where they are.

It doesn't matter where what is?

If anyone knows, can I take a big airplate (bottom half) off of a cis-motronic 16v assembly and connect it to my CIS fuel distributor (top half) will it work? Will it deliver more fuel?

Thanks for any help
James

Posted on Apr 10, 2000, 12:30 AM

fuel delivery through cis
by stephan(south-africa)
fuel delivery through your distributor is not related by the size of the airplate. The amount of movement that can be had by the bigger airplate or the smaller one has to be the same so that is not going to affect the fuel delivery - just the speed of movement - thus throttle response. The fuel distributor of the 16v and 8v is the same - check out the part numbers. The way to get more fuel is to set the distributor - something that a lot of people are scared off but not difficult. Look at your distributor - right next to the line out there is a screw/allen plug that you remove x 4 of course. Here is the fuel delivery adjustment - turn out/counter clockwise and the amount of fuel delivered to the injector is more - check against CO meter to get the right setting - remember that you must turn exactly the same amount for each of the four 'pots'. I am using the stock 8v injection to run a 1800 16v motor - just turned it out to get more fuel - don't know if this will be enough to feed a turbo motor but worth a shot?

Posted on Apr 10, 2000, 10:17 AM
from IP address 196.34.250.5

CIS Motronic-Turbo Rabbit
by TurboTom
We built a 2.0 16V Rabbit Turbo with a stock CIS motronic system on it. The only mods that you would need to run 10 PSI are:

A pierburg or bosch high pressure fuel pump inline with the factory stuff.

Run a vacuum line from intake manifold to the fuel pressure regulator monuted on the mass air box.

And you may want to get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator BUT you do not need one really.

We ran this system for a year and a half drove like a stock car except for the wheels breaking loose in third and that was just easing into the pedal and once the boost kicked in HOLD ON! Without a Quaife it would change lanes on you.
We took it to the track on time and turned the boost up to 15 PSI boy did it spin. But with street tires it ran 14.0@100 MPH. Last May we put Electromotive on it and ran at Englishtown it did a best of 12.4@111 MPH. That was at 20-22 PSI
Stock bottom end and tranny we got lucky. Anything is possible. OH YEAH it still is street driven. IT went 12.6 with the muffler. To keep DOLEMITE happy. I think your right about trailer queens and street cars.

Tom Ross

Posted on Apr 7, 2000, 12:38 PM

Crazy????????
by Kurt
You ran 22psi with the stock comp? What gas did yu run? How much was the timing retarded? That seems like alot of boost for the motor to hold with high comp. to begin with and with stock internals.

PS I'm NOT waving flags and screaming bullshit if that's what you think.....

Posted on Apr 7, 2000, 2:00 PM

Untitled
by Anonymous
Ask Justin he was there. We had a copper spacer gasket. That dropped the compression to 8.5:1. The motor is still good we did show sign of the head lifting and a little oil in the coolant. I'm not here to bullshit. We took the motor out to put a 2.1L 16v Tallblock in we are close to having it run and we are trying to make the show at Englishtown May 14. That is what the billet intake is going on. The stock 16V motor is very strong and i had someone tell me they did tests on the factory rods. The tests showed the rods would hold 400HP. We were making about 275-280HP at the flywheel according to the MPH we pulled. The motor that did this had been thru hell. Ask around the VW motor is great. Oh yeah for the race we did run 110 octane CAM2. On the street the car did not need more than 10 PSI to beat anything that happened to pull next to it.

Not Bullshiting
Tom

Posted on Apr 7, 2000, 3:56 PM
from IP address 205.188.196.57

That's true......
by Dolemite
I met Tom at the beginning of that project at Cecil county and saw the preleminary runs and was also at Englishtown and saw the 12 sec passes as well.

Posted on Apr 7, 2000, 5:19 PM
from IP address 209.204.69.25

Not Crazy
by TurboTom
Ask Justin he was there. We had a copper spacer gasket. That dropped the compression to 8.5:1. The motor is still good we did show sign of the head lifting and a little oil in the coolant. I'm not here to bullshit. We took the motor out to put a 2.1L 16v Tallblock in we are close to having it run and we are trying to make the show at Englishtown May 14. That is what the billet intake is going on. The stock 16V motor is very strong and i had someone tell me they did tests on the factory rods. The tests showed the rods would hold 400HP. We were making about 275-280HP at the flywheel according to the MPH we pulled. The motor that did this had been thru hell. Ask around the VW motor is great. Oh yeah for the race we did run 110 octane CAM2. On the street the car did not need more than 10 PSI to beat anything that happened to pull next to it.

Not Bullshiting
Tom

Posted on Apr 7, 2000, 3:57 PM
from IP address 205.188.196.57

I'm not calling Bullshit
by Kurt
I'm not saying that you didn't do it. If you can do that alot of power to you. I thought the PS would make the point that I wasn't flag waving. After your explained the it was not healthy after and was getting replaced makes more sense. I know the VW motor is great. Sorry for the miss understanding.
Kurt

Posted on Apr 7, 2000, 4:31 PM

CIS Motronic-Turbo Rabbit
by TurboTom
We built a 2.0 16V Rabbit Turbo with a stock CIS motronic system on it. The only mods that you would need to run 10 PSI are:

A pierburg or bosch high pressure fuel pump inline with the factory stuff.

Run a vacuum line from intake manifold to the fuel pressure regulator monuted on the mass air box.

And you may want to get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator BUT you do not need one really.

We ran this system for a year and a half drove like a stock car except for the wheels breaking loose in third and that was just easing into the pedal and once the boost kicked in HOLD ON! Without a Quaife it would change lanes on you.
We took it to the track on time and turned the boost up to 15 PSI boy did it spin. But with street tires it ran 14.0@100 MPH. Last May we put Electromotive on it and ran at Englishtown it did a best of 12.4@111 MPH. That was at 20-22 PSI
Stock bottom end and tranny we got lucky. Anything is possible. OH YEAH it still is street driven. IT went 12.6 with the muffler. To keep DOLEMITE happy. I think your right about trailer queens and street cars.

Tom Ross

Posted on Apr 7, 2000, 12:38 PM

Function or Fashion????????????????????????????????
by Dolemite
>>I would like to see more information on fuel management under high boost. I know everyone is quick to say GET THE FRICKIN' SDS. But come on, there has to be more solutions.<<

People are MORE than welcome to talk about all the good fortune their having with other engine management systems,It's not like I'm gonna moderate this forum.........
I don't know that everyone here is "Quick to say get SDS",But there are a few of us that are using it with good results,When Paul first tried it he wasn't looking to be different or choose an alternative solution,He was looking to make hp.He chose it for more applicable reasons.At the time there were about 2 other 16v turbo cars around and not much info to go by as far as other peoples trial and error,So to travel that road was a true feat in itself.Then to see other people want to do a 16v turbo but want all these "alternative solutions" is rather perplexing.If you wanna be a true pioneer go figure out how to make a good fuel curve and a proper ignition curve.and tune a motor to the best of your ability,It's no fashion show out here,Do what you want and if it works,More power to ya.Another thing on the SDS, people are under the wrong impression if they think it's so "simple" just cause it's called "Simple Digital Systems" it's FAR from a bolt on or for beginners,You need to know ALOT about the workings of an internal combustion motor,And what it needs to run smoothly and efficantly,Not to mention running it on the edge and making good amounts of hp with it.And the fact that James is using SDS on his VR6 Supercharged N2o injected Rabbit is merely a coincedence,In fact when he told me he was using SDS I thought he was just goofing around with me.And he's on a whole 'nother part of the map,(In Canada somewhere..............)And then theres James Moran with a 16v Turbo from Connecticut,Another person with no affiliation with any of us,He's also having good results with SDS.I guess my point is,If when we were 1st looking into the whole 16v turbo idea,If there WERE people out there with turbo cars orchastrated by SDS and having good results, I doubt anyone would be so concerned with making a fashion statement by wanting to wanting to do something "different".
DolemuthafuccinMITE

Posted on Apr 7, 2000, 9:59 PM

NO clear corners, jigga wah?
by James
Ok, so just to clarify. I am not the least concerned with fashionable shit. I don't have the clear lights, the ghetto fabulous 3"slammed look or any of that bullshit.

Also, I am working on a 8V turbo. Although lotsa peeps here are rollin' 16vs I am starting with an 8v. I have never done any turbo stuff so this is new stuff to me. I have no trouble with people supporting SDS because from what I can tell, they do have good stuff.

I am not really looking for a complete engine management system, just ways of assuring a reliable driver. When I say "high boost" I mean 15psi. This may not really be high boost, but for me I think this will be enough.

So that said, tell me about the ghetto setups, or anything. If you have a fuel line going to the intake manifold with a gas can in the cockpit that you syphon into the line while you are driving I want to see/hear about it.

BTW I am seriously considering the SDS EIC because it seems to be a good choice for what I want. Either way I am just trying to learn more.

James

Posted on Apr 8, 2000, 1:21 AM

10-4
by Dolemite
I gotcha,See my "My $1,000" post on this page for a good beginners set up,That coupled with an EIC and some careful tuning should realize 12 sec ET's at full potential.
Dolemite

Posted on Apr 8, 2000, 6:22 AM

seeing
by Chuck B (UFO)
Naked asian chicks.

Posted on Apr 6, 2000, 11:36 PM

Go to a massage parlor
by Dolemite
I hear they love you long time,Suckie Suckie for twenty buckie........

Posted on Apr 7, 2000, 12:46 AM

No doubt.
by Chuck B (UFO)
Asian chicks are the bomb,ask my asian wife.She likes dubs too.lata.

Posted on Apr 7, 2000, 1:06 AM
from IP address 216.17.11.92

What kind
by Kurt
What kind of turbo is on that 16V rabbit that run 12's? In the picture it looks like a Turbodiesel one. Dolemite which car is yours?

Posted on Apr 7, 2000, 4:08 PM

Turbo 16v's
by Dolemite
On my page,My car is the white one on top.It will be black this season,Keep an eye out for it,And if I happen to be in your rearveiw......Just move the hell over!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Apr 7, 2000, 5:23 PM