vwsport

VWsport.com
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:06 am 
Site Admin

April 8th coming fast
by Anonymous
April 8th is the date of the Spring VW show and GO at E-town. Who is going to be there? Hoping to see some turbo cars there.....

Posted on Mar 16, 2000, 11:23 AM
from IP address 151.198.123.213

1986 VW Passat
by Kai Robinson
Can anybody here help me?

I own a 1986 VW Passat with the following engine specs;

8v 1781cc 4-Cylinder Carburetted Long Block
Tuned Weber 34DMTL Carburettor
K&N 56 Bolt On Filter
No Engine Management System (ECU)
Twin 3" Tailpipe Big Bore Exhaust System

This currently hits 115 on the straights but i need more speed. Is there any way to fit twin Weber 40/45 carbs to it, alter the cam timing (for speed) etc. I'll do anything to this block and would ideally like to get a Garrett Turbo fitted to it - but i don't know how. A G40/60 Supercharger or a big Roots would do nicely tho....

Thanks for any help you can provide...

Posted on Mar 15, 2000, 4:59 AM
from IP address 194.168.88.23

I'm lame
by 90VT
Well it appears that all the recent spray shows just how dumb I am. I work 8 shifts a week and pour all my money into a lame heavy not running 90 Corrado. I still have a rabbit and a 2.0L 16V turbo to go in it if my roomate gives me the money to finnish his project. But hey, if your building a VW and its not an A1 you must not be hard core,I am a chump. I understand the poor mans theory and ride a bike to work because I sold my car to fund the project. Please dont say that putting money into your project is lame becuse if your not working on a 4 its pricy and if your building a turbo 6 and your not rich your poorer than shit. I dont know about the rest of the board but I don't think that many if any of you walk or bike to work. Sure you could get the same level of performance out of a 16V as my 6 will produce but will it be as streetable. Possibly I dont know but I am not sure how many people will be daily driving their 11/12 sec cars. I know I know I will never get 11's everyone tells me that all the time. Sorry to be a bitch and whine. I just hate hearing about not bieng able to afford this or its stupid if you spend your money on new/proven parts. Every time I push down on the pedal of my bike I am one day closer to having a not hardcore lame heavy A2 rich boy engine car that deserves to be keyed because its a ricy dub, AKA Corrado.

Posted on Mar 15, 2000, 4:18 AM
from IP address 205.188.200.29

Hardcore VW's
by Dolemite
I just realized that somehow my definiton of what constitutes a hardcore VW got deleted from my original HTML it was as follows. 13.99 or quicker,100 MPH or faster in the 1/4 mi. For those who don't dragrace,200hp AT THE WHEELS on a DYNO.Anyone else is more than welcome to stop by and look/ask questions....But if you don't meet the criteria,Tread lightly........And don't be talkin trash or you'll certainly catch some heat.I don't give a shit if it's an A1 A2 A3 A4 ESPECIALLY if it's representining it's self in the 1/4mi cause the heavier it is,The harder it is to obtain those #'s.
Dolemite

Posted on Mar 15, 2000, 7:56 AM
from IP address 209.204.89.24

Hardcore Dubz!
by Sean
Nice site bro.. Built Dubs, I always respect. My current A3 8V Turbo doesn't fall into your critiria as hardcore. Not at the 200hp mark to the wheels, and definately not running 13.99 or below in the 1/4. However, it's a daily driven and well setup Time Trial/Auto-X dub that spits flames and puts most to shame in the canyons and on the track! I s'pose it's just a different kinda hardcore. I'm not much into drag, but much respect none the less.

I'll have to get a few of my friend's to check out your site. So far we've got a 253hp turbocharged 16v scirocco, another 200hp turbocharged 16v scirocco, and a turbovharged 16v A1 Jetta, and lastly my 8v.

Posted on Mar 15, 2000, 10:04 PM
from IP address 199.107.4.10

Untitled
by illskoolya
Hey Dolemite,
My friend yoshi said you were a member of a group called "The tattooed assholes from New Jersey". Are you really an asshole? Would you like to race my Honda?

???

Posted on Mar 17, 2000, 8:16 PM
from IP address 63.79.239.113

Yeah and??????
by Dolemite
While I was gonna think of something funny to say........I can't argue with anything you said....... hahahahaha bring something out and we'll go line 'em up!!!!
Dolemite

Posted on Mar 17, 2000, 9:55 PM
from IP address 209.204.89.149

How 'bout next weekend
by illskoolya
Tim was talkin about coming up and seeing you next week. I might be coming along. Don't know yethave to see how work goes this week.

-Scott
ps the sites looking good, keep it up
pps if you need any new turbo related parts give me a call i can hook you up with a big discount more than likely

Posted on Mar 18, 2000, 8:02 PM
from IP address 63.79.239.113

beater
by Chuck B(UFO motorsports)MN.
I'm driving a 82L I got for $40US at the impuond auction so I can finish my car.

Posted on Mar 15, 2000, 8:22 AM
from IP address 216.17.12.32

Anyone fit an exhaust larger than 2.25" on an A1?
by typ53
I'd like to put a 2.5" exhaust on my Mk1 turbo Scirocco, but getting it to fit without rubbing looks like a problem. I'm hoping someone can tell me they made it work...

Posted on Mar 14, 2000, 9:56 PM
from IP address 128.6.250.25

Exhaust
by Steffen J
Hi !
I'm almost done with my turbo Scirocco MkII
I have a 2.75" downpipe from the turbo, and 2,5" from the front anti-roll bar and all the way back.
This works fine, I had my exhaust system custom bent.

Posted on Mar 15, 2000, 8:20 AM
from IP address 158.37.85.110

low end loss after turbo install
by vlksdragon
ok, so the hesitation problem with the BAE turbo turned out to be a bad O2 sensor, which is weird since it was brand new. So I'm running with the sensor disconnected, but I have a pretty noticable loss on the low end since the turbo install. The motor is a 1.8JH with 6psi coming on around 3300rpms. I retarded the ignition timing back to about 2 degrees BTDC with the recurved disty. Could this be the cause?
I'm going to install an adjustable cam sprocket and retard the cam timing about 4 degrees, this should help, right?
Also, 2.25" or 2.5" exhaust for the little 6psi linear rajay?

thanks

Posted on Mar 14, 2000, 6:26 PM
from IP address 208.44.88.238

Untitled
by Anonymous
2.25 ought to be enough- as long as you use mandrel bent tubing.

Posted on Mar 14, 2000, 9:50 PM
from IP address 128.6.250.25

APEX SPRINGS
by Vdubber
for sale, apex springs for A1 Chassis. used 1 year. $175 2.0" drop.

Posted on Mar 13, 2000, 10:10 PM
from IP address 209.90.139.234

2.0 conversion, turbo
by Andrew
i wanna put a 2.0 block on my 1.8 and while im at it i want to put a turbo on. i have digifant injection so i know it may be a pain. i know i can do the 2.0 myself, but i wanna put on the turbo while i have the engine pulled. i am confident that i could hook up all the mechanical parts and plumbing, but i dont know how the turbo is gonna be controlled...what can i do with my ecu so i can control it...i also want a boost switch inside so i can keep the boost fairly low while driving normally, and turn it up if im racing or feel like driving hard. any advise is appreciated, thanks all,
-Andrew
PS- i dont want to buy a full turbo kit, i just want to pull one off of an old saab or volvo. they use the same turbo that you get from 8vturbo.com

Posted on Mar 13, 2000, 7:25 PM
from IP address 205.188.193.43

RE Turbo/Digifant
by HYSTRUNG
Ditch the digifant and replace with a management system like SDS (Simple Digital Systems) It controls everything and is easily tuneable. A simple PROFEC B From GREDDY has a low/high boost setting for street and strip. I'm using both on my VR6 Turbo.

Posted on Mar 13, 2000, 9:05 PM
from IP address 207.153.26.73

digifant
by Chuck B (UFO motorsports)
The digifant he has is very easy to convert to a g60 digifant and thats set up for boost.I've built G60 cars from regular digifant cars,and it's easy.

Posted on Mar 13, 2000, 9:24 PM
from IP address 216.17.12.19

This is completely incorrect!
by Llew Montgomery
Ya Chuck's has done this conversion. On my car. It never ran well. It was SLOW and would NOT IDLE. It had NO FUEL ENRICHMENT under boost and lasted a month before it BLEW.

This man has NO MORALES. He said I was paying for a complete conversion not a SCREWED UP splice job. Caveat Emptor!

I had to get another (REAL) mechanic and get another donor car to straighten out CHUCKS MESS.

As far as his 14 second machine, post your timeslip Chuck. I have his car on video tape running a 15.7 and getting SPANKED by a Neon and a swarm of Hondas. The fastest FWD in the twin cities runs a 13 sec turbo honda with a welded diff. Fastest VWs? Two other VDubs in my club (Volksport) ran 15.2 (2.0 16V MK2 GTI) and a 14.7 (2.0 16V Mk1 Rocco).

Leave these guys alone Chuck! I can't wait to run against your new machine at rock falls. Everyone in Volksport knows you're a liar. Someone posted your messages on the egroup and it wasn't even me.

Llew

Posted on Mar 20, 2000, 9:53 PM
from IP address 170.135.240.11

give me my $ Lew
by Chuck B (UFO motorsports)MN
This idiot stole a G60 trans. out of my shop,still owes me $300 for the conversion.And never showed up at rock falls.As for the time lew has for me.That was before I retorked the ARP head studs,and had a blown head gasket.I was there a couple of times after that.Now instead of a 8v,it's a 16v,and will kick lews ass if we can ever get him to show up.

Posted on Mar 21, 2000, 11:55 AM
from IP address 216.17.7.80

Hardcore Trash Talking
by Dolemite
This is the type of thread I've been waiting for.....I'd like to see more cursing and better mudslininging though,Afterall this is the "Hardcore VW page" everyone let everyone have it!!!!!I'd NEVER moderate any of it......Even if it's directed at me!!! hahahaha

Posted on Mar 21, 2000, 12:46 PM
from IP address 209.204.90.144

Throwin down hardcore
by James
This is hilarious, I haven't seen a thread this good in a long time. Although I must say I live near these folks. Minneapolis is a big place, I know there has to be cars faster than 14s.

I am not saying Chuck doesn't know his stuff. (because I have never met him outside of this forum and I don't really know) But saying a 14sec car is the fastest around is a little much.

James

Posted on Mar 21, 2000, 3:14 PM
from IP address 209.134.132.15

diferent car
by Chuck B (UFO motorsports)MN.
Last year it was a 8v with a G grind,this year its a 16v with a pair of 280 deg.cams.Big diff.

Posted on Mar 23, 2000, 7:45 PM
from IP address 216.17.9.117

Run it!!
by James
Like I said, I don't know anything about you. I don't know anything about the other guy either, not picking sides. But I think everyone is eager to see who is telling the truth. Get a time slip asap and show each other wrong.

It's an internet drag race, whoever gets the faster timeslip posted faster. . .

BTW where does the local drag racing go down? I have no idea but have become curious since it is the norm in this forum.

James

Posted on Mar 23, 2000, 8:15 PM
from IP address 209.134.132.15

Hometrack
by Dolemite
The 1st 3 cars on my page mostly run @ Atco Raceway in Atco NJ.With an occasional trip to Englishtown NJ.
Dolemite

Posted on Mar 24, 2000, 1:35 AM
from IP address 209.204.89.236

MN hometrack
by James
Actually I am looking for the "local" MN track. Where does the shit go down? near the Minneapolis area or not? I might be interested in seeing if I can get my dub up to hardcore standards . . .

James

Posted on Mar 24, 2000, 12:39 PM
from IP address 160.94.168.84

Local Track link.
by Llew Montgomery
Here's the local track: http://www.rockfallsraceway.com/

I'll gladly post my timeslip once I get one. Take note I never claimed that my car meets your hardcore standards. Like I said I don't post Bullshit.

I'm proud of my car and don't have to lie about it's capabilities. You can check it out here: http://www.volksport.com/lewie.html
The spec sheet is not up to date.
Llew

Posted on Mar 24, 2000, 7:20 PM
from IP address 170.135.240.11

Nice car
by Dolimite
That rally golf IC really makes that conversion......

Posted on Mar 25, 2000, 3:41 AM
from IP address 209.204.69.172

Thanks
by Llew Montgomery
That's what its all about. Funny how a simple message like that can make you feel so good.

Llew

Posted on Mar 25, 2000, 2:41 PM
from IP address 207.58.29.186

Stealing! I don't steal. I don't have too.
by Llew Montgomery
Being called and idiot by Chuck is hardly something to get upset about. Just look at the stuff he's posting.

Steal a tranny Chuck? I don't steal. One of your car thief buddies probably got even with you. You never finished your work Chuck and you never returned my original motor. I have several witnesses. All reputable members of Volksport. Just go away chuck.

I'm not the only one this guy SCREWED. A bunch of his HONDA customers of his now DEFUNCT shop were pissed at him too. By the way, Hondas are you primary customers/VICTIMS aren't they Chuck?

This guy doesn't even use factory gaskets. He uses that orange PERMATEX on everything. It saves him money you know. Now you know what to expect if you buy a tranny from him.

BTW he was running high 15s not even close to 14s.
Come on Chuck, post your time slip. Prove me wrong LIAR. I don't have any timeslips. I don't post BULLSHIT either.

Forgot to tighten you head bolts!?! Man I can't believe you'd post that. Who's the IDIOT?

See you at the track.
Llew

Posted on Mar 22, 2000, 6:31 PM
from IP address 170.135.240.10

why are u guys so damm cheap
by Anonymous
man a ford wiring harness to run turbo and digfant g60 harness to make turbo vw u give vw bad name when u have all this junk and u run hig 16 sec1/4 with all this junk save up your money buy good turbo a good manifoild for 8v 16 v vr6 what ever.
and maybe a engine mangment system and injectors and brand new wastegate,and blow off valve.and build your shit right.all this getto set up is gona coust u money in long run so do it right from the get.and i know u guys are gona be like well we have no money and this and that.dont put that turbo disel turbo on your 16v when it the size of damm quater.just buy good shit atleast good used stuff.i have spoken.ya gona diss?

Posted on Mar 14, 2000, 1:50 AM
from IP address 152.206.27.9

Striclty Representin'
by Dolemite
I agree with what you said,Alot of people that post on here are cheap as hell,BUT the 2 people that you chose to attack (Zach and Jerry) Are both DEEP into the 13's in street cars and low budgets which is very comednable,Which shows at the track when they both trip the win light most passes.You have already said what you drive and professed that you haven't really built anything yet,So until you get your overweight, lathargic,asthmatic ass G60 to do something, you really don't have a leg to stand on.13.99@100mph has been the standard for this page since it started (which isn't THAT hard to accomplish)I'm thinking this season to up the ante' to 12.99 just to be a dick.....hahaha nah,I wouldn't do that... Both Zach and Jerry got their "pass".Where YOU at?!?!?!?

Don't get me wrong,The other bullshit does need to be addressed/attacked but NOT the 2 individuals you chose to use for an example.

Posted on Mar 14, 2000, 6:55 AM
from IP address 209.204.89.206

thrifty
I guess we could all be like the honda guys and spend $15k on the proven set up.Then we could all drive around in the same car as everyone else.I really don't know what to make of the ford engine management,but how do you argue with results.There are $2500 VW's hunting down $25000 hondas.Isnt that what its all about.This is happening everywhere,and everyone is running a different set up.No biters here,thats cool.

Posted on Mar 14, 2000, 7:18 AM
from IP address 216.17.7.76

25k Hondas?
by 90VT
Thats right all hondas cost 25G's try 2000 for a complete turbo kit on the trader they have the cost advantage that what makes them more competative. Mommy and dady buy the car and they get a turbo for christmas. Any performance turbo built 25K Honda sans a bought off the lot type R will unfortunetly and I am not proud of this rip your vehical appart. Lets not assume that all the other imports are ultra expensive and stupid pieces of rich boy crap because there are exceptions. I know of more poor honda kids with turbo engine swaps than VW boys with 16V Rabbits. Sorry to be realistic but come on lets not make big numbers and huge claims on this board. Good luck with your projects and happy dubin.

Posted on Mar 15, 2000, 4:34 AM
from IP address 205.188.200.29

Whats up fuckface
by Zach
>>man a ford wiring harness to run turbo and digfant g60 harness to make
turbo vw u give vw bad name when u have all this junk and u run hig 16
sec1/4 with all this junk save up your money buy good turbo a good
manifoild for 8v 16 v vr6 what ever.<<

Nigga PLEEZE.

What do you drive? Enough said.

Its all about what you have NOW. When people see our setups Everybody and there fucken brother is building a turbo car, But end up nowhere. The most practical thing to do is slowly build up your car to something great, not plan these wild fucken dreams that will never happen. Do you think Sean Glazier just said one day lets buld a 9 sec car? Man, you fuckers need to think before you speak. G60 engine mangement is an excellent system for the price and performance. You can't beat a boost referenced system from the factory.

And high 16's? Maybe your car if your lucky. Try low 13's, constantly dropping.

Zach

Posted on Mar 14, 2000, 9:08 AM
from IP address 152.163.204.72

lay off the coffee dickhead
Who are you pissed off at?And why do you keep contradicting yourself about the G60 ECU..?

Posted on Mar 14, 2000, 11:07 AM
from IP address 216.17.12.245

Contradicting?!?
by ZVW666
>> why do you keep contradicting yourself about the G60 ECU..? <<

Alright mr know it all natually aspirated, Want to expalin what your talking about?

Zach

Posted on Mar 15, 2000, 7:34 AM
from IP address 152.163.204.73

why cheap?..cuz i got mulitple whole turbo setups for under $100 !!! each
by deo read
shit $20 is what the junk yard turbos are going for here..etc..i hope to be ripping stuff up soon this summer..i've been working on the early 'rocco.. then the drag rabbit..but hillfolk lik eme were are all about doing it on the cheap..and home brew vws are the shit..i hat a3' and even most a 2's cuz theyre heavy and most are hooptie daddy mobiles..the hillfolk clan thrives on old rabbits and a1 ..built to rip and too lok like shit ha
later
deo
\x/ HILLFOLK!

Posted on Mar 14, 2000, 6:07 PM
from IP address 207.204.249.77

YUP!
And if they come here talking shit about my creations,they are going to get run out.This guy obviously missed the point of owning a VW..

Posted on Mar 14, 2000, 11:01 PM
from IP address 216.17.8.5

svo 101
by jerry
read up on svo engineering, before you call it a ghetto setup. eec-iv pe computers have been around for 16+ years. if you knew anything of the subject you probably wouldn't even post something as "ignorant" as this. after reading up on eec-iv computers and their versatility, then come back and appologise. do "hondas have anything where you can do your own programming? no. eec-iv? yes($350). can you go to 600 hp with a honda computer? no. they have to go aftermarket($1500). do you even know anything about programming, data logging, fuel tables, timing tables, setting tps sensors, the difference in a vaf and a maf or how to reprogram a factory ecm to go accept either or? didn't think so BOY...i'm in my 30's and been into cars a while i don't have to order a kit because i don't have the experience to do it myself. if you want to pay someone else to do it for you go ahead. that is how companies make money from lazy and ignorant customers, unless you are so stinking rich you opt to have someone else get dirty, cool too. don't open your mouth if you don't know anything about the subject, you will just embarass yourself. ps i don't use "BENCH RACER" anymore. take it as a gift from me.

Posted on Mar 18, 2000, 5:53 PM
from IP address 209.240.200.135

Untitled
by Rob
OK, you finally got to my last nerve. You've obviously missed the whole point of owning and tuning a VW.

I'm a Database Developer and Intranet Architect, so the money is definitely there to go buy a faster solution for a nice new A4, but that would be following the rules. I've been involved in touring racing for some time now, and I can tell you flat, that if you buy it off the shelf, someone else already has, and you just became a follower staring at someone else's tail lights. If it looks half baked and has no comparison to what you can find anywhere else because you studied the volumetric efficiencies, combustion dynamics and pressure resonant reactions of simple exhaust and then found out that it could be done with a rising rate fuel pressure regulator, and O2 sensor, some vacuum line and a single stable multi vibrator. Not only will you be in a competitive position, but that asshole with the supercharged Miata, off the shelf Viper or A4 with a "Pretty" off the shelf system is going to eat his wallet as he tries to figure what the hell just happened to him in turn 2.

Again, I fear you missed the point. Most likely the only point you're anywhere near is the one on the top of your head.

Posted on Apr 21, 2000, 1:14 AM
from IP address 63.237.230.76

207mph Golf VR6x2 in UK
by Alan
I've just heard today that there is a Golf here in the UK nearing completion with 2 VR6 turbo engines which with the right gearing will do 207mph, can anyone beat that?

Alan.

Posted on Mar 13, 2000, 7:23 PM
from IP address 212.49.251.249

YIKES
by Chuck B (UFO motorsports)
That would be a really bad idea.Which motor gets to go first.

Posted on Mar 13, 2000, 8:00 PM
from IP address 216.17.8.73

Bad idea?
by 90VT
There is allready two twin engine VW's in Europe and both built By Ian Birch run great. One is a twin 16V Rabbit with NOS. And the other is a Golf Rally twin VR6 so its been done. Hardly a bad idea. I dont like the idea of the extra wieght but the power cant be beat.

Posted on Mar 13, 2000, 11:12 PM
from IP address 205.188.200.47

from what i hear both them cars are slow for the hp they put out and
by Anonymous
only run high 12 sec 1/4 from 400hp rabbit with 2 motors come on.and it basicaly awd.and that rear wheel turbo vr6 rabbit is slower than the rabbit with 2 16v.so i keep my car fwd and slicks and us yanks will kick your ass.oh yea if people of england build such hot cars why is it that when they have them 1/4 mile events they run the slowest times for nos and turbo cars must be that they suck as.drivers.and 207 mph from two vr6 motors in a3 a2 what ever,it better have like 2.20final drive just to pull that mph and long ass straight.

Posted on Mar 14, 2000, 1:44 AM
from IP address 152.206.27.9

Word
by Dolemite
Damn straight..........The VW scene over there seems WEAK!!!! WAY more rice than we have here.

Posted on Mar 14, 2000, 6:58 AM
from IP address 209.204.89.206

At speed
At that speed you could'nt have them syncronized well enough to stay on the road.If anything ever happened to one of the motors,You'd be dead meat.

Posted on Mar 14, 2000, 9:00 AM
from IP address 216.17.10.2

Reply.
by Alan
Yeah, I agree that most of the high powered Golf's here don't seem to get very good times considering the power they have, probably down to all the rain we get and the track being constantly wet . The real reason is probably because quarter mile racing isn't so popular here and most of these cars are setup and used more for circuit racing and all run on road tyres and not slicks. I think the best time for the Mk1 16v x2 was about 12.2 without the nitrous, I think it will be using the nitrous more this year once the shows start again and the rear engined vr6 turbo is getting some more fuel injectors added. As for the 2 engines needing to be synchronised, the road effectively synchronises them as long as they have the same gearing because if the wheels and transmission for each engine are at the same speed then the engines have to be too.

Alan.

Posted on Mar 14, 2000, 3:14 PM
from IP address 212.188.128.178

motor
by Chuck B(UFO motorsports)MN.
Thats funny I have one motor very similar to what he has in the dual motor 16v,except I have much bigger cams and I only expect 200 hp.He claims 210 doubt it.

Posted on Mar 14, 2000, 5:02 PM
from IP address 216.17.10.207

motor
by Alan
I couldn't really comment on that as I don't have the exact details of whats been done to the engine. Could it possibly be due to the fuel octane rating as we have 97 octane, just an idea.

Alan.

Posted on Mar 14, 2000, 5:58 PM
from IP address 212.49.228.198

octane
Where are your at?The way your octane rating is probably set up diferently than ours.Your 95(RON) is probably the same as our 92 octane,because the rating systems are different.

Posted on Mar 14, 2000, 11:09 PM
from IP address 216.17.8.5

octane
by Alan
I'm in Scotland, we have the choice of either 95 or 97,was 98 4 weeks ago but it seems to go down a bit every year and up in price all the time, 1 gallon here costs the equivalent of about $5 now . I didn't realise the rating systems were different.

Alan.

Posted on Mar 15, 2000, 1:53 PM
from IP address 212.49.229.169

Motor
by Steve
"Thats funny I have one motor very similar to what he has in the dual motor 16v,except I have much bigger cams and I only expect 200 hp.He claims 210 doubt it."

I don't. Most 2.0 16v group N cars and touring cars have 300 to 400 HP (These are restricted to a specific intake size). NO Nox NO turbo. Just good old English know how. You need to under stand that Nascar, Indy, Indy lights, F1 etc etc etc.... teams have most, if not all, of thier engine and chasis work done in England......I wonder why its not done in the U.S.....hmmmmm

Posted on Mar 16, 2000, 8:11 PM
from IP address 152.163.207.59

Your comparing yourself to Ian Burch!?!
by Llew Montgomery
Ya chuck,

I'm sure you know more than a guy that was a Real Volkswagen automotive group technician in europe and now runs a world renowned shop.

Keep talking, were all laughing.

Llew

Posted on Mar 22, 2000, 6:53 PM
from IP address 170.135.240.10

Motor mounts
by Joel
I have a 1.8 16v plus engine mods and a quieffe, now I have broke my front motor mount twice. It has actually ripped it in half and the engine came up and wacked the hood a good one and left a nice lump. Now I know that they have race motor mounts out there and urithane but do they make a stronger bracket? Are the race mounts too much? vibration wise. What would be the best way to go. Already on the back side of my engine there is a small shock absorber?? Not sure what the deal is on that. Last thing do you think maybe my rear motor mounts are worn out? Thanks Joel

Posted on Mar 13, 2000, 1:57 PM
from IP address 216.39.147.210

2l 8v turbo running lean
by Jim
I have recently installed a stage 2 ND turbo kit and it always seems to run lean when i am pegging it. This kit runs off a 5th injector instead of a fuel pressure regulator or riser. Any help available to correct this problem?

tHANKS IN ADVANCE

Posted on Mar 13, 2000, 2:35 AM
from IP address 149.99.116.219

2L 8V Turbo running lean (possible answer)
by Sean
If you've got a stage 2 kit. That 5th injector probably does not provide enough fuel even when combined with the stock injection. Stock injectors are only 185cc. Not really good for power beyond 160hp even w/ a pressure riser regulator. IMHO, 1 extra injector just ain't gonna do it.

I've turbocharged my 2L 8V, and dumped the factory injectors for 310cc RC injectors. No problems with leaning...

check out http://the.renner.net ... go to projects.. there I have a write up on my current turbo GTi project!

Goodluck bro!

Posted on Mar 15, 2000, 9:45 PM
from IP address 199.107.4.30

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]