vwsport

VWsport.com
It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:20 am 
Site Admin

Carbs..
by deo read deo read

hey any one run carbs?...i know bill matters white rabbit etc but any body else?.. a couple of my friends run drag bikes like real fast 8 sec ones etc and technology for their 4cyl's and a vw 4 cyl.. is similar..heck alot of the bike guys run turbos and superchargers with carbs....im just poor and can't afford a real F.I. system yet..YET
but i have the rest of the parts all over my garage etc.. and i just need to get the nuts up to try some of the stuff out i guess ha.. but i wante dto know if any body else had tried any carb set ups out ..either all motor or boosted etc..nitrous,
or alcohol setups?...well i gues si'l find out
Thanks
\x/ HILLFOLK!

Posted on Feb 10, 2000, 1:58 PM
from IP address 207.204.249.113

Respond to this message

Return to Index

carbs
by Sam Sam

Do you want to sell your carbs? I do have them on my other car and they are great I also have NOS on that car as well and they work well together it is a 86 with a 2.0 16v in it and al the goodys I am running 13.0 in the 1/4

Posted on Feb 12, 2000, 6:30 PM
from IP address 205.188.199.171

Respond to this message

Return to Index

carbs
by deo read deo read

hey i don't have any carbs...ha...I was asking if any body had experience using them etc, i was thinking of running them, i mentioned people i know who run them , but i don't have any myself now..
sorry hope that helps ya
thanks
HILLFOLK!

Posted on Feb 15, 2000, 7:49 AM
from IP address 207.204.249.86

Respond to this message

Return to Index

got carbs.
by ADRIAN ADRIAN

I got a complete set up. dual 45 sidedrafts webers, manifolds to fit 16v engine throttle linkage, pressure regulator, etc carbs used 4 months on a 2.0 16v scirocco car was a beast. package $400.

Posted on Mar 30, 2000, 9:03 PM
from IP address 152.163.197.196

Respond to this message

Return to Index

VW in Washington
by 90VT 90VT

Is their any VW racers in the Seattle area? If your out there email me. I want to get a small group of real racers to pose a problem on the ever growing rice boys.

Posted on Feb 10, 2000, 4:57 AM
from IP address 205.188.193.166

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Racer
by Joel Joel

i live in seattle and have notice not a whole lot for vw around here either. What do you drive maybe I've seen you? Talk to you later. joel

Posted on Mar 13, 2000, 1:42 PM
from IP address 216.39.147.210

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Electronic fuel injectors on 16v
by Homer Homer

I am planning on building a 16v turbo Golf which I want to run with programmable fuel injection. What I need to know is can the electronic G60 fuel injectors be fitted into the head since it currently uses the CIS injectors which cannot be used.

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Feb 9, 2000, 6:38 PM
from IP address 212.49.243.46

Respond to this message

Return to Index

injectors
by Paul Paul

Hey,there are two ways to go about injectors and fitting them in the manifold.one you can use g-60 injectors cups in place of the cis ones.and you would have to make a custom fuel rail with stalks long enough to reach down in between the runners.or use bosch 036 injectors comes with 8mm hose already attached.and you can make a fuelrail out of many things if you visit SDSEFI.com go to the tech page,they have good examples on how to build a fuel rail and also if your new to fuel injection principals you can learn alot from a a very frank and no bullshit kinda company.they also have excellent systems and peripherary parts that are user friendly.good luck
paul

Posted on Feb 9, 2000, 11:26 PM
from IP address 152.163.206.204

Respond to this message

Return to Index

16v turbo injectors
by Anonymous

My friend went the g60 injector cups/custom fuel rail route. Worked out great. Lots of places sell fuel rail stock. Just need to have injector stalks made up like Paul said. Do consider SDS... maybe not as fancy as some other system but the results are there, espescially for the money. Forget any technical support from TEC... at least SDS will help you out.
Paul, maybe you can provide some more info on the Bosch 036 injectors? Where is a good place to get them? I know there has to be a cheaper source of injectors then RC Engineering, etc.

Posted on Feb 10, 2000, 10:33 AM
from IP address 151.198.134.9

Respond to this message

Return to Index

New Turbo Mag...
by EastCoastRules

Has anyone seen the new turbo? Coverage of the IDRC/NHRA finals. Rich C.'s white eip golf was in there. Guess he made the list of alternates for Pro 8 and when somebody broke he made the cut. Got eliminated in the first round by Jotech's civic. Doesn't list a time for Rich but good to at least see some VW get coverage. Heck the first honda into the 10's (David Shih way back when) got into all the mags. EIP runs 10.70 in there rocco and not one mention of the car, much less a picture. Oh well... true VW's are still a second off the hondas, but give it time.
It seems that just about everybody on this board is from the East (tri-state mostly) area. Who do you guys think will be the big guns this year? Anyone planning on dropping a bomb and debuting a real honda killer? Gotta get some more VW's into the power 4 ranks. Heck even the comp 4 class would be cool, especially with all the attention to all motor cars lately. Anybody out there going to challenge Nate?
See you at the track....E-town opens March 4th!

Posted on Feb 9, 2000, 2:58 PM
from IP address 151.198.123.227

Respond to this message

Return to Index

All motor=All odor!!!! IT STINKS
by Dolemite

Shit I go to the track to race,Not to say "Yeah,But,Well,And I don't even....And If I had....
hahahaha Seriously tho...it's all about turnin #'s.....

Posted on Feb 9, 2000, 5:06 PM
from IP address 209.204.69.57

Respond to this message

Return to Index

turbo magazine
by vw16v@020.co.uk vw16v@020.co.uk

let mail/email/phone etc turbo magazine and others to feature some vws I mailed turbo magazine and they featured bill's 11 sec corrado i donnu if they saw my letter or not but it doesnt hurt

Posted on Feb 17, 2000, 10:20 PM
from IP address 208.40.11.78

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Turbo Magazine doesn't cover dubs and we know why...
by Mike Bowden Mike Bowden

It is an advertising rag, and there is no way they'll cover anything even remotely Hillfolk'd except as an oddity. All the cars have been pumped full of $50 dollar shift knobs and this and that from their customer base - read "advertisers".

I used to read it all the time hoping I'd learn something usefull for my project car, but their tech articles are pretty thin reading except for application specific honda motors and even then it seems they're plugging a certain shop.

We VW extreme'rs are a small niche market, and even European Tuner is an advertising rag.

What is the name of the VW mag out of England I've heard has some real info for us water-cooled people?

Posted on Feb 19, 2000, 3:48 PM
from IP address 206.170.198.246

Respond to this message

Return to Index

UK car mags
by Homer Homer

The best one is in my opinion is 'Performance VW' http://www.performancevwmag.com/
the other is 'The Golf' but they don't have a website.

Posted on Feb 19, 2000, 7:14 PM
from IP address 212.188.140.112

Respond to this message

Return to Index

track day anyone?
by Jeremy W. Jeremy W.

Anyone in here located in the Portland, OR area? There's a group of VW nutz in the area attempting to start a club with the intention of renting PIR once or twice a year and having some drives on our favorite back roads. Apperently it's around $2500/day to rent the track. If any VW fans in the area would like to participate go to www.dubsquad.org and send an email to the address listed. If you've ever wanted to see how your VW would do on killer road course, he's your chance. Just make sure your brakes are up for it!

Posted on Feb 8, 2000, 12:00 PM
from IP address 209.222.130.156

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Forced Induction Questions

Anyone know of how much air the VR6 needs (cfm) in stock form, and how to figure out the effective compression ratio given a particular static compression ratio with a given amount of boost? I plan on adding forced induction to my '92 VR6 w/motronic, but I want to know that I'll be able to do it on 92 octane pump gas. Also, does anyone know how much the stock engine management (knock sensor system) will be able to handle detonation since boost will raise the effective compression beyond 10:1? Am I on the right track?

Posted on Feb 8, 2000, 11:34 AM
from IP address 206.170.198.243

Respond to this message

Return to Index

This will get you started
by Dolemite Dolemite

http://www.turbofast.com.au/welcome.html
I'll try to post more later
Dolemite

Posted on Feb 9, 2000, 6:51 AM
from IP address 152.163.206.211

Respond to this message

Return to Index

anyone turbo a VR6 in here?
by Pat Pat

I am looking to turbocharge my VR6, a few places sell kits.... EIP, and a few distributers of ATP(8vturbo.com) the one that I have been leaning towards is from matrix motorsports. anyone have anything from them? or a turboed VR6? or does anyone have any feedback on matrix motorsports?

any info will be greatly appreciated

Pat
99.5 Jetta GLS VR6

Posted on Feb 8, 2000, 12:37 AM
from IP address 152.163.213.214

Respond to this message

Return to Index

turbo cost
by 90VT

I belive that it's more of a price decision. I looked around for a long time before I realized that all available kits were overpriced. If I had the money and needed no real down time I would tend to lean on EIP. They have more kits out there than anyone else and have proven them selfs on the track. Between Bill Schimmel and the white Golf they hold the chips. But I could not shell out 6000 to start with stage 1. You can go the custom route it's not for the faint of heart but rewarding non-the-less. I would stay away from 8V turbo not because they have bad products but there current turbo configuation consists of a non intercooled system that runs 4-5 psi. All the other smaller turbo 6 engeniers dont have enough out on the market for my likeing making claims of reliability and power gains hard to verify. Good luck.

90VT

Posted on Feb 8, 2000, 4:10 AM
from IP address 205.188.193.51

Respond to this message

Return to Index

8v Turbo
by Dolemite

>>>I would stay away from 8V turbo not because they have bad products but there current turbo configuation consists of a non intercooled system that runs 4-5 psi.<<<

True but from a different perspective,Their kit will get your VR6 turbo'd for a smaller entrance price,Then leaving the door open for future upgrades with less downtime 'cause your already up and running.I think it would pay off in the end........Something to think about anyway...
Dolemite

Posted on Feb 8, 2000, 7:09 AM
from IP address 209.204.89.134

Respond to this message

Return to Index

8vturbo
by Pat Pat

Dolomite. thats exactly the way that I was looking at it. there kit comes in smaller stages. yes there stage one is non intercooled, and only runs 6 to 7 PSI, but its half the price of EIPs kit. their stage 2 does the intercooler, bigger injectors, and lower compression pistons. stage one and 2 is still less expensive than EIPs kit.

Posted on Feb 8, 2000, 8:55 AM
from IP address 205.188.193.167

Respond to this message

Return to Index

true but....
by 90VT

I dont want it to sound as if I think the other oppinions are wrong in the group but when I contacted 8Vturbo earlier this week they seemed to have no real plans to offer a high output kit for the VR6. That is not a problem as the others had stated but one must take into consideration that 8VTURBO's plans did not consist of high output from day one. I am a firm beliver that a sucsessfull turbo system needs to be done as close to perfection as the wallet can provide from the get go. The truth that you might be able to have a stage two that will have the power of the EIP stage one holds true untill you think about the fact that the stage two Pat spoke about consisted of taking the bottom end appart for upgraded pistions. I would think between labor and the additional cost of the stage two the money factor of would be equivelent of the EIP system with similar power. And as to my earlier statment of the system needing to be of great desighn from the start one must pay specail attention to the manifold desighn of the 8Vturbo kit. They have made a 6-1 unit of a very restrictive nature. They have incorporated a cast unit that is low cost and great for low power systems. I belive that a equal lenght manifold is the way to go. No system uses this desighn but at least EIP uses a ported stock upper piece that spills from 3-2-1. Also if one was to upgrade the pistons to lower compression that is great but the stock VR6 rods do tend to rip themselfs to pieces after 420bhp. I would think it to be a little counterproductive to simply up the piston strenght but ignore the rods. And the 420 number is for shot peened, micro polished, and cryoed rods. Again if you have the money you can do many turbo systems but I would spend mine on a custom built unit. Copy what you can but take the money you saved on their R&D and improve the system. Good luck.

Posted on Feb 9, 2000, 5:08 AM
from IP address 205.188.196.32

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Manifolds
by Zvw666 Zvw666

>They have made a 6-1 unit of a very restrictive >nature. They have
>incorporated a cast unit that is low cost and >great for low power
>systems. I belive that a equal lenght manifold is >the way to go.

Theroetically equal lentgh headers are better but with a turbo you'll never notice a difference.

Zach

Posted on Feb 9, 2000, 9:11 AM
from IP address 152.163.197.202

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Equal lenght not important?
by 90VT 90VT

One might think that one turbo manifold is as good as the next but thats far from the case. As an engine cycles it pulses and those pulses play a large part on how a turbo works. If anyone had followed the RX7 turbo evolution they may have noticed that the significant increes in power (200-250) output of the 2g turbo and the 3g turbo was made by the Mazda enginears who created a header to work with the odd pulse cycles that a rotery engine makes. Now I know that a VR6 and a rotery have little in common but that should not let someone overlook the fact that a VR6 will pulse like all engines. With that in mind would you rather have a piece that builds up tremendous back pressure and has 2 short 2 medium and 2 long runners or one that uses the exhaust gasses efficiantly and allows minimal heat buildup. I dont belive it to be as much of an issue if one was not planning on racing or wanted a low outout turbo but if thats not your goal you may find that the manifold your desighn is holding up the show.

Posted on Feb 10, 2000, 4:38 AM
from IP address 205.188.193.166

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Manifolds
by ZVW666 ZVW666

>One might think that one turbo manifold is as >good as the next but thats far from the case.
>I
>dont belive it to be as much of an issue if one >was not planning on racing or wanted a low outout >turbo but if thats not
>your goal you may find that the manifold your >desighn is holding up the show.

While it is true that a properly designed equal length header is better that a "restrictive manifold" it is not nessessary for our applications. Something like that is only nessesary in an all out and i mean all out race car. When your in the 10's or 9's your after every ounce you can get, not matter what the cost. But for our applications you will not notice a worthwhile gain for the cost.

Stick with "restrictive" manifolds, Its more affordable, reliable and you can make alot power with them.

Zach

Posted on Feb 10, 2000, 9:17 AM
from IP address 207.41.122.220

Respond to this message

Return to Index

so thats the end?
by Pat Pat

so I guess thats the end of the discussion about the VR6 turbo, from the majority of comments, I'll be looking into the Matrixmotorsport (8vturbo.com) setup, cast manifold

Posted on Feb 16, 2000, 1:47 AM
from IP address 205.188.192.179

Respond to this message

Return to Index

That's it........
by Dolemite Dolemite
Forum Owner

I think the reason that thread died so quick is the amount of people that have the money to turbo a VR6....there aren't many out there,And unfortunatly guy's like us that WILL do it don't have the cars TO do it......Yet that is..... :)I've got an idea or 10 in my head for a future project,But I'm not one to dream so,I'll keep it to myself for now.....
Dolemite

Posted on Feb 16, 2000, 11:13 PM
from IP address 209.204.91.215

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Header Questions

I wish I could remember more of the conversation, but about 15 yrs ago an engineer friend told me that the puff of exhaust gas coming out of the port creates a wave front, that the wave fronts in a tuned header ideally would be reaching the collector at equally timed intervals, and at the end of the system in equally timed intervals, to create a vacuum as it leaves the system to help pull the next puff of smoke out of the system. And that was the last I ever heard about that. It seemed at the time as if equal lengths were less a concern as were the firing order of the cylinders and how long it would take the wave front to reach the collector. So I can see both of you having a point (and please let me say that I don't know anything, but I'm bright and want to know more). Does anyone know if the wave fronts colliding in a badly tuned exhaust with a turbine stuck in the way would put undue pressure on that turbine, or is the turbine going to help suck out the exhaust once it spins up at all? Is the heat exchange and conduction of a cast manifold (and longer life) better than the tunability of a set of welded pipes (I know there are better materials and coatings now than then to help things last longer)?

Posted on Feb 18, 2000, 4:36 AM
from IP address 206.170.198.232

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Turbo header design
by Dolemite

A fact many people fail to realize is on a turbocharged street car the amount of backpressure in the exahust manifold or header often doubles the boost pressure in the intake manifold,Thus making flow less important until you get to the point where you're looking to get EVERY ounce of hp from your motor.So flow on a turbo header isn't as important as it is on a N/A header although thre IS hp to be had from a well designd turbo header,Chances are most street cars would never see such benifits due to other more dominant restrictions.
DolemuthafuccinMITE

Posted on Feb 19, 2000, 5:12 AM
from IP address 209.204.90.105

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Clutch questions
by James James

Hey everyone,

The clutch in my 8v scirocco slips and needs to be replaced. It will soon have a stage two Callaway turbo kit installed. Anyway, I am going to try and get as much power as I can without going bankrupt. My question is how much power can a stock 16v clutch setup handle?

Am I better off with a race style 8v disk?

I need to drive this car on the street so nothing too crazy. I know sachs makes a semi-sport and sport disk which are both very expensive. Any experiences with centerforce, neuspeed or others?

Thanks for the help
James

Posted on Feb 7, 2000, 10:27 PM
from IP address 209.134.132.15

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Clutches
by Dolemite Dolemite

I had problems with the stock disks coming apart when i had my G60 Scirocco everything from the surface material to the springs getting beat up and falling out,So I went to a solid hub 3 puck and then a 4 puck (No noticeble differance between the 2)Check bsiracing.com you can get a disk from him for about $90 and use your 16v PP. some people think that a solid hub is to abrupt for the street but with a little practice nobody in the car can tell.That's the set-up I'm using in my 16v Turbo and I've had 0 problems.

Posted on Feb 7, 2000, 10:55 PM
from IP address 209.204.90.2

Respond to this message

Return to Index

4 pucks
by Zvw666 Zvw666

If you go with a 4 puck i'd recommend using a quaife. I blew too many open diffs with my 4 puck. They put alot of shock load into the drivetrain.

Zach

Posted on Feb 8, 2000, 9:51 PM
from IP address 152.163.201.194

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Clutches
by James James

Hey, I am not rich enough for the quaiffe. I will be using the velocity diff kit. Any change in oppinions to my original question?

Am I destined to get the quaiffe, how can I get one without trading my left nut?

I am new to this turbo hardcore stuff so let me know?

Thanks
James

Posted on Feb 8, 2000, 10:49 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Go easy 1-2
by Dolemite Dolemite

I had a 3 puck in my G60 Scirocco with a stock 9A trans and had about a year of dragracing and daily driving on it with out problems.As long as you don't shift from 1-2 like your in a karate fight the tranny can live with it for a long while,It has alot to do with shifting habbits.True Z has busted more trannies than alot of us.......But dude,you KNOW how you were shifting them everyday hahaaha that's how I came up with the term "Karate Shift" Hiii Yaaaaa!!
Dolemite

Posted on Feb 9, 2000, 6:48 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Quaife
by ZVW666 ZVW666

>Hey, I am not rich enough for the quaiffe. I will be using the velocity
>diff kit. Any change in oppinions to my original question?
>Am I destined to get the quaiffe, how can I get one without trading my
>left nut?

Velocity is much better than stock, but quaife is best.. Autotech just had a sale for $850, they have it every year.

Zach

Posted on Feb 9, 2000, 9:07 AM
from IP address 152.163.197.202

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Untitled
by Anonymous

>Hey, I am not rich enough for the quaiffe. I will be using the velocity
>diff kit. Any change in oppinions to my original question?
>Am I destined to get the quaiffe, how can I get one without trading my
>left nut

I used to think quaifes were just for rich kids too.....But it just comes down to dedication,And how serious you are about a high performance VW.Hell I dropped a G for mine and didn't even get "The sticker" hahahaha.It's all about dedication.......Shit if me AND Zach can get them.....And if you think WE have money comin out the ass????/....you gotta another thing comin!!! Just very serious about cars that's all...
Dolemite

Posted on Feb 9, 2000, 5:01 PM
from IP address 209.204.69.57

Respond to this message

Return to Index

new idea from Kraftswerk

Kraftswerk in Orange County rebuilt my 02A with a Quaife and he had good things to say about puck clutches, but Sean said he thought higher clamping forces weren't good for engine seals and that the ideal clutch for higher power applications should have more surface area, not more pressure. Last time I spoke to him he's gotten a proto-type clutch of ceramic material he planned to try with a stock pressure plate.

Does anyone else know of anything like this?

I've heard Kevlar type clutches are very sensitive to contaminants for the first part of their lives.

BTW I highly recommend Kraftswerk. I paid $2500 US and that included taller gears (1 thru 5), Quaife and a 3.30 ring/pinion - I'd asked for these things in anticipation of forced induction. I can't wait, it's a bit underpowered with N/A. He said I'd be fine as long as I don't put slicks on it.

I'll tackle clutch when I add boost.

Posted on Feb 19, 2000, 8:04 AM
from IP address 206.170.198.234

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Sounds cool . . .
by James James

Sounds like quite the setup. Unfortunately, your transmission costs more than twice the price I paid for my car.

It looks like I am leaning towards going with the BSI solid hub setup. Seems to be the most cost effective solution.

James

Posted on Feb 21, 2000, 12:45 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Word
by Dolemite

>>It looks like I am leaning towards going with the BSI solid hub setup. Seems to be the most cost effective solution.<<

Sounds like a plan to me....That's what I'm using too.
Dolemite

Posted on Feb 25, 2000, 6:17 PM
from IP address 209.204.86.206

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Untitled

when you blow out the stock open diff what happens?I assume you wheels wont evan move right?

Posted on Feb 18, 2000, 1:54 AM
from IP address 216.214.82.10

Respond to this message

Return to Index

boom....??
by deo read deo read

thats how it feels..ha..all of a sudden your wheels stop spinning and it feels like you blew a cv joint ..mummn so you casually open your door and walk around in front of the car and get down on your knee and peak under the car...mummn that is when you smell gear lube...and notice the growing puddle pouring from inbetween the engine and the tranny..and your cv joints are still intact..ha
but the diff pieces are cool to keep i should take digital pictures and send them to dolemite..it sucks having to chisel the flywheel bolts loose though ...as they get chewed up from the debris in the bellhousing..i've only blown one up launching from a burn out etc..when did any one else blow one up?..ps how hard is it to get to the ring gear in a non broken tranny?..i'd like to do a bolt swap soon and im practicing on blown up ones ..which aren't coming apart arghh..
any ideas?
thanks
\x/ HILLFOLK!

Posted on Feb 18, 2000, 9:17 AM
from IP address 207.204.249.91

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Zvw666 tranny eater
by Dolemite

Zach and his karte shifting technique has taken out more trannies than anyone I know.It's all taken care of now and ready to go to the track on Friday though.

Posted on Feb 26, 2000, 9:33 AM
from IP address 209.204.75.231

Respond to this message

Return to Index

3 or 4 puck

whats the difference with how many pucks is holding power greater if so by how much (in hp ratings?) also anyone know what clutchmasters offer for pucks do they offer both 3 and 4 puck?

Posted on Feb 18, 2000, 1:58 AM
from IP address 216.214.82.10

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Clutches
by ZVW666 ZVW666

>>whats the difference with how many pucks is holding power greater if so
by how much (in hp ratings?) also anyone know what clutchmasters offer
for pucks do they offer both 3 and 4 puck? <<

The lesser amount of pucks the more abrupt the clutch engages. Clutchmasters sells 4 pucks. I am currently expermenting with there stage 3 full faced kevlar disc.

Zach

Posted on Feb 18, 2000, 7:39 AM
from IP address 205.188.193.153

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Clutch
by Joe Joe

We are currently using Clutch Masters clutches in our project cars. We have had great luck with them and they are a little cheaper than the sachs set up. If you have any more questions you can e-mail me.

Posted on Feb 8, 2000, 2:15 PM
from IP address 24.95.13.106

Respond to this message

Return to Index

What project cars?
by Dolemite Dolemite

What project cars are you using them in? hp?
Dolemite

Posted on Feb 9, 2000, 6:55 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

TEC 2 help
by 90VT

Does anyone on this page run tec 2 in a VR6 turbo set up? I need the stock numbers to build off of. I have the PBLEND software and need all the help I can get. Also if anyone has fuel system parts for a VR6 I need 700cc injectors, fuel cell, stainless fittings, and lots of the braided lines. Any used parts are a start. Any help is great thanks.
90VT

Posted on Feb 7, 2000, 3:13 AM
from IP address 152.163.213.187

Respond to this message

Return to Index

No TEC But......
by Dolemite Dolemite

The fuel system stuff can all be had realitvly cheap from www.summitracing.com As far as the TEC stuff goes this guy jimchu@erols.com runs a VR6 Turbo with electromotive,I have no idea if he'll be helpfull at not,But at least you've got a contact.Hope it helps.

Posted on Feb 7, 2000, 9:01 PM
from IP address 209.204.90.2

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Need help on picking a motor for supercharging
by Phil Kerschner Phil Kerschner

Hey, I need some help here on deciding what type of motor/fuel sys. to run with my Scirocco (8v).

I would like to push 180-200hp. So do I go with a 16v and supercharge it or use a 8v for supercharging? With a 8v I can run with lower compression. I am concerned about using high compression (the 16v) with supercharging. So if anyone can help straighten me out on this I would appreciate it. I know what I want; I just don't know how to get there. And, man, what fuel system do I use??

THANKS

Posted on Feb 6, 2000, 6:15 PM
from IP address 63.29.69.243

Respond to this message

Return to Index

200hp is easy
by dolemite dolemite

If your only looking for 200hp I'd say use some G60 fuel inj on a Rabbit GTI motor (Low comp+ big valve head)and then use whatever compressor you can get a hold of.It maybe easier to turbocharge it though.you can also use the stock fuel inj with an extra inj controller (EIC) like the one found on sdsefi.com Personally I wouldn't settle for less than the 4 inj set up but that's just my opinion and I admitadly don't know THAT much,But what the hell....I'm gettin it done.I just think that an 8v manifold would have problem with equal fuel distribution like they did in the early day's with the single fogger nitrous set-ups.But the sds unit seems pretty decent and should be very quick to set-up.I know from they're stand alone systems they make great stuff for a great price and have excellent tech support.

Posted on Feb 6, 2000, 6:51 PM
from IP address 209.204.88.81

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Dyno!
by Shawn M.

Does anyone out their have any Dyno numbers for their 16v turbo VW's. How much horsepower can a stock 16v bottom end make?
Shawn

Posted on Feb 10, 2000, 5:19 PM
from IP address 205.188.197.154

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Dyno
by Dolemite

i NEED TO FIX AN EXHAUST LEAK AND A SMALL OIL LEAK AND MINE WILL GO ON THE DYNO THIS SPRING.o KNOW THE STOCK BOTTOM END CAN DO 300 HP How much more?I don't know....But I do know somebody that's gonna find out.....

Posted on Feb 10, 2000, 6:40 PM
from IP address 209.204.86.43

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Dyno
by Shawn M.

Wow, thats pretty good for a stock bottom end!! I would suppose that the rods are going to be the first to go when going over 400hp. Although maybe the headgasket might break while running high boost. Does your friends engine have forged pistons? If detonation is present the stock pistons could pose a problem.
Shawn M.

Posted on Feb 11, 2000, 1:41 AM
from IP address 152.163.207.57

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Stock blocks can rock
by Dolemite

>>Wow, thats pretty good for a stock bottom end!! I would suppose that the rods are going to be the first to go when going over 400hp. Although maybe the headgasket might break while running high boost. Does your friends engine have forged pistons? If detonation is present the stock pistons could pose a problem.
Shawn M. <<
Very true,The rods are supposed to be the 1st thing to go after 400,Good rod bolts are definitly a must.As far as headgaskets go,It's not the boost that blows them out,It's detonation that will do that.So fas none of us have stepped up to a built bottom end.As a side note,3 of our turbo motors are all stock and the "freshest" motor has over 130k on it.Fortunately I know somebody (Paul) that has ALOT of skill and it's only a matter of time before those skills are matched with rescources.Kinda funny to be such competitive with so little rescources,When you look at money spent and the gap between ET's between the haves and the have not's...it gets kinda funny.
Dolemite

Posted on Feb 11, 2000, 7:14 AM
from IP address 209.204.69.8

Respond to this message

Return to Index

surpercharging
by paul paul

hello,Phil to answer your question ,a good running g-60 transplanted will produce 190 hp with the right boltons.any low compression 8v(8.5-1) block will work.but the g-60 have the stongest and oil squirters in the block.the boosted 16v motor high comp 10-1 and will make plenty of power but theres no easy way to get to.good engine management like sds or tecII will set you back a couple g`s.and alot of fabrication for the charger fuel rail and intercooler plumbing.not to mention all the programming involed.if only 200 hp is your goal stick with the 8v g-60 setup.its factory and easy to setup.also a.r.p. head studs on any motor is a wise choice.
good luck
Paul

Posted on Feb 6, 2000, 7:07 PM
from IP address 152.163.206.182

Respond to this message

Return to Index

RE: Supercharging
by Phil Kerschner Phil Kerschner

I heard there is a good bit of engine compartment fabbing that has to go on in a A1 to get the G60 in there. Not that I am against that; I just don't know if it's true or not. I'd like to know before going in.

Well, if I run the G60 it would only make sense (I guess) to use CIS-Motronic with it since that is stock.

Posted on Feb 7, 2000, 8:17 AM
from IP address 63.21.108.88

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re:Supercharging
by Jigga Wha? Jigga Wha?
Forum Owner

There is minor fabrication involved....You have to cut the ":hoop" off of an A1 Passenger side motor mount and weld it to the plate that's on the G60 block.Also if you drop the AC you'll need a special waterpump pully,People will try to sell you a "European" water pump pully,But I hear it's just a VR6 waterpump pully.Hopefully you won't have to pay alot like I did and find that out later.
Dolemite

Posted on Feb 7, 2000, 6:50 PM
from IP address 209.204.91.42

Respond to this message

Return to Index

supercharging
by JOHN

you will have to cut and paste a bit to get the g60 in there. you could drop the AC but it is connected to the supercharger so it could give you some nightmares (no US g60 sold w/o AC)

Posted on Feb 27, 2000, 6:23 PM
from IP address 63.208.87.215

Respond to this message

Return to Index