vwsport

VWsport.com
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:16 am 
Site Admin

16V Turbo exhaust manifold
by
Does anyone know where I can buy a exhaust manifold to attach a Garrett T3 Turbo to my 16V Golf.

Not so good news
by
AMS HAD some made and the last I heard some rough castings were still available but you have to drill all the holes to attach it to the head and to the turbo,And those were $400.There's a guy in Washington I think (Momentum Motors Josh something) that makes a VERY nice one,But he want's around $600.And there's another guy in Arizona named "Montz Automotive" that makes a decent looking one I don't remember how much I think around $400. Your best bet is to have a competent welder make you one out of some thick stainless.Just be sure to give him a head with the turbo,Valve cover and intake manifold.Shouldn't be THAT bad.There's a pretty good picture of mine on my page.

eip,etc
by
eip sells em for 399 i donnu if you will get it by all the things i have heard also if you check out any local performance shop/race car shop or turbo dealer i am sure they can tell you of someone to make one to your specs for you locally I have found one to be made for 300 tubular

£ or $?
by
Is that 399/300 £ or $ ? Where about do you mean by locally, I am also in the UK. I fould AMS also sells them for $499, they are cast items and you have to drill them yourself.

Untitled
by
I was going by USD $
locally I am in detroit so no help there sorry

Untitled
by Homer
Sorry, assumed you were in the UK by your email address.

any body weld up their own diff ?
by
i would like some tips on that ..aminly tearing th etranny 020..down to do it and putting it back together..etc..i have helped weld rwd diffs etc but not the fwd vw tranny.. any tips would be sweet..
thanks
Deo
\x/ HILLFOLK!

Better penetrate DEEP!!!!
by
hahahaha the title says it all.My friend welded a diff on his car and it looked good but apparently the welds didn't penetrate deep enough and they broke....

Welding diffs
by
I welded a diff for my daily driven turbo rabbit.. It stayed together for about a week, these diffs are tricky, you have to use the right rod and lay down a professional bead. I even welded the gears to the housing and they still broke. A fiend of mine had his welded from a professional and its been together for 5 months of racing.. Welded diffs are tricky on the street, you have to man handle it like a bitch around turns.

Zach

more diff questions
by
hey i talked to a guy from bc that drove a 13sec rabbit daily to work with a welded diff..he said it was great traction but like ya said..you can't drive with one hand ha..need both but in snow etc he said just point it in the right direction and she'll go any where..that same guy had a titanium spool made up for his drag rabbit too..it was all tube chassis weighed 1100lbs with him in it race ready...! it was all motor too 2.oL high compression carbs etc..ohwell by the way how hard was it to actually tear down and rebuild the tranny?
thanks
Deo
\x/ HLLFOLK!

Spools
by
How much did it cost him to make the spool? Prob. a little pricy ... As far as putting 020 trannys together, they are a little complicated.. With the right tools and a book you should be ok. If your going to change a ring gear your in for trouble..

Zach

Untitled
by
1100 lbs! any idea what he did in the 1/4th mile with that car?

times etc
by
well let me explain that the guy with this car had soem kind of terminal diesease and i have not been able to contact him in about 1 yr etc...he had just finished building the tube frame car when i wa sin contact with him..his computer programs predicted about 11.0 to 10.90 initial runs ..no this is a all motor car too.! ha i figured it out to have about 200hp.. he was from british columbia canada and ran the car at mission drag way...i hope to hear from him soon ..i hope he hasn't passed away..??...well hope that helps
thanks
Deo
\x/ hillfolk!

Posted on Feb 19, 2000, 3:05 PM
from IP address 207.204.249.102
Respond to this message

Return to Index

tire drag
by
with a welded diff on the street wouldnt your tire drag on turns?

Posted on Feb 18, 2000, 2:10 AM
from IP address 216.214.82.10
Respond to this message

Return to Index

Untitled
by
>>with a welded diff on the street wouldnt your tire drag on turns? <<

It sure does, and hops occasinally also. Not the best idea but defnitally streetable, cheap and dependable...

Zach

Posted on Feb 18, 2000, 4:51 PM
from IP address 152.163.201.53
Respond to this message

Return to Index

boosted managment systems ..what is everybody else doing?
by
hey i have some boosted power enhancers that i have yet to install because i am trying to figure out the best management setup for my cash flow..(low ) ha...i'd like to do a fp setup but cost $$ ..and i am leaning toward a g6o management..what have others done ?..maybe carbs ha like the drag bikes use with their turbos ..blow through set up ..mummn..well any ideas would be sweet..
thanks
Deo \x/ HILLFOLK!

Posted on Feb 6, 2000, 3:29 PM
from IP address 207.204.249.96
Respond to this message

Return to Index

Cheap F.I.
by
My friend Jerry is having some good luck with Ford 2.3 Turbo fuel inj but I think maybe the G60 stuff would be easier to install,The question is....will the ford stuff have a higher hp potential?I think it may,We'll know soon enough.Actually I know it will because the G60 stuff is only good to just over 200hp because of the inj,But you can always do an extra inj set up or go a LITTLE bit bigger on the inj.So who knows....time will tell.

Posted on Feb 6, 2000, 3:45 PM
from IP address 209.204.89.2
Respond to this message

Return to Index

I forgot the link
by
http://members.tripod.com/~vwturbo/index.html

Drag VWs waht is every body building for the season?
by
hey what is every body working on for the new season?...I am planning on having a early rabbit for the season my self..my employment search is hindering the cash flow though as it has dropped to negative flow..ha...who lives in the northeast or tri state areas...and would liek to meet up over the summer for some races etc?..im out of the poughkeepsie newyork area..i love to travel to races and i just b.s. about vws so drop me a line
thanks
Deo
\x/ HILLFOLK!

whats up!
by
im from NY, long island to be precise. im building a 2.0 16v bunny truck, origannaly it was going to be a road race truck, then i realised it would probably suck for road racing, then i thought about a show truck! fuck that, to much to keep clean! now drag racing is in the back of my head! im not to big on the sport, but what the hell i will give it a try! so the final destination for the P/U..... all of the above! it will see track time at lime rock park, a show at water fest 2000, and maybe a few strips at ol' bridgehampton race way! look for my truck comming up!....its mack truck orange'....o yea, some time over the summer, im trying to organize a "VW day" at hecksher state park, @ the end of southern state parkway. they have BBQ's and really big parking lots.....it should be fun!
later
kevin

cool
by
hey thats cool..yeah i have a '78 rabbit drag project in the works , but my employment issues are holding me back so far ..ha..i have 2.oL and a 20v head implaying with it should be fun i plan to test it out on my '81 scirocco s soon to be daily driver for the spring..and if it works out i'll drop it into my drag rabbit project when i get that chassis somewhat done ha....but it will be neat and a good learning experience any how..
i'll be sure to send some photos about the steps i need to take to get that setup to work...ps has any one ever broken off the chassis studs for the
mounting of the rear beam?..i did on my scirocco..sucks looks like i have to cut open the floor and cut th eold bolt off and reweld a new one back into the floor..has any one dealt with that problem before ?..any tips?
thanks
\x/ HILLFOLK

Hardening gears?
by
Ok, what does everyone think about hardening gears? Usually you would think that would make them brittle, but perhaps I am missing something. Any thoughts, opinions, etc?

Untitled
by
I know that people have good luck with cryogenicly treated gears but I also know that with the exception of the stock diff the standard VW gearboxes can take about 400hp before they start to break the gears themselves.I think at that point I'd consider an aftermarket set.

1st post
by
Forum Owner
I hope this message board is some help to people.Feel free to flame!! hahahaha nobody's gonna complain here,I'm sure if people want help they can find it here and if they wanna talk about crap that's out there they can do that to......Hell you can even flame me if your ready for it! heheheh anyway have fun and the only rule is....there are no rules.....

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]